Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Blog

My blog purpose is to communicate personal thoughts about life and business to whomever cares to listen. I'm a teacher and coach at heart with a sincere passion for helping others improve their lot. With that said, I'll get started.

LIFE: I try to live a day at a time dealing with life on life's' terms, which can run the gamut from harsh to very rewarding. I believe in and try to religiously follow, four daily priorities as follows.
  1. Take care of myself spiritually, emotionally and physically
  2. Family focus followed by friends
  3. Work
  4. Finances

Note: It's against the rules to switch the order.

BUSINESS: As a David Kurlan & Associates business coach committed to help entrepreneurs build much more profitable enterprises over time, I believe strongly in the value of running a business to the beat of a well developed business management system, which includes a strtegic plan. I always ask prospects if it makes sense that daily activities be prioritized and aligned with their long term goal . . . the answer is always yes. However, when I follow with - well then is it safe to assume that you run your business on that basis . . . the answer is invariably no. The answer to, why not, is usually that they don't have the time . . . they're overloaded. And so it goes!!!

Stay tuned, I'll pick up where I've left off in future blogs and thanks if you've taken the time to read this first one.

5 comments:

Rick Roberge said...

OK. One down, a bunch to go. I'll tell two friends and they'll tell two friends and so on and so on.

Joseph Kupstas said...

Mike

Great to see this blog I look forward to reading it as much as I do Rick's. Please help a young business owner with balancing this
#1.Take care of myself spiritually, emotionally and physically
#2. Family focus followed by friends
#3. Work
#4. Finances

When I said young I meant years as a business owner not younger than you as we do tease you too much : ) I find it very hard to balance every part of that list putting numbers 1 & 2 out of order. I know you are sucessful and by listening to you have figured out that you have this down pretty well. How do you do it or should I say fit it in a day without working 100 hours per week? Thank you Mike for taking the time to write this blog because I have alot of questions so get ready!

Anonymous said...

Mike -

I'm delighted to see your first blog! Now, when you ask me why I don't run my business on that basis, I'll simply explain that I've spent so much time reading your blog, Rick's blog, Dave's blog, and even a couple of others, that I don't have time left to run my business.

Thanks for providing another justification to my procrastination! I don't know what I'd do without you.

Actually, I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts. You're a great story-teller, an insightful coach, and a pretty smart dude!

I'll check in regularly!

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I wish you the best of success with the blog. Based on your past track record, I'm sure you'll do well.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you love to read a personal blog by Warren Buffet? I would. What I don't want to read is info about Berkshire Hathaway.
1st blog is great! Your personal experience/thoughts will really connect with people.....Kurlan can come later